1. In Arrival ice cream is available for the Villagers’ enjoyment. What is the flavor of the day?
d) Black Currant
2. In Many Happy Returns Mrs. Butterworth asks Number Six what is his name. What does he tell her?
a) Peter Smith
b) David Jones
c) Big Bill
d) Harold Wilson
3. What special occasion is commemorated in Many Happy Returns?
a) Founder’s Day
b) Number Six’s Birthday
d) The Village’s Election Day
4. In Checkmate the Chess Queen asks Number Six whether she may see him again. What does he reply?
a) Oh, yes, I’m here all the time.
b) No, I’ll probably be gone by morning.
c) No, I’m engaged.
d) I’ll be seeing you.
5. In London what car does Number Six drive?
a) Lotus 7
c) Jaguar E-Type
6. In The Chimes of Big Ben, how many times does the clock strike causing Number Six to realize he’s been deceived?
d) The room is soundproof, Number Six doesn’t hear any clock strikes.
7. In Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling we meet Number Six’s fiancé. What is her name?
8. The Green Dome was not originally designated to serve as Number 2’s house. Which Portmeirion building was first considered?
a) White Horses
c) The Campanile
d) The Town Hall
9. The silent bureaucrat from the show’s title sequence also has a small role inside what episode?
a) Many Happy Returns
c) Once Upon A Time
d) Fall Out
10. A two-part question: A clue to the true location of the Village appears in what format and in what episode? (Choose both the correct Letter Answer and the correct matching Number Answer.)
b) A Change Of Mind
c) Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling
d) Girl Who Was Death
e) The General
- Text hidden on a photo slide
- As part of an address on an envelope
- On a sign at the amusement park
- Flashed on the TV screen during Speed Learn
11. In A Change of Mind when the doctor, Number 86, seeks to keep Number Six in a drugged state she dissolves a tablet into the cup of tea she makes for him. What image was on the cup he was handed?
a) Hand-painted periwinkles
b) A knight on horseback
c) Rover-like circles
d) Celtic symbols
12. In The Girl Who Was Death what building does Number Six learn is, in fact, a weapon of mass destruction?
a) Green Dome
b) Amusement park funhouse
c) Town Hall
13. A penny farthing appears in the Village. A moke appears in the Village. A bicycle with awning appears in the Village. A helicopter appears in the Village. Does a car appear in the Village?
14. In Hammer Into Anvil when Number Two says, “I’ll break you Number Six,” Number Six replies:
a) “I will not be pushed.”
b) “No, you will.”
d) “Who is the hammer?”
15. In The Chimes of Big Ben whenthe Colonel offers Scotch to Number Six, he replies with its price in the Village. How much was it?
a) 24 work units
b) 12 credit units
c) Free for all workers
d) 12 Rubles
16. In The Chimes of Big Ben Number Six tells the Colonel the location of the Village. Where does he say it is?
b) An uncharted floating island off Spain
d) Lithuania, on the Baltic, 30 miles from the Polish border
17. In Checkmate how does the Queen explain to Number Six why the Rook was removed to hospital?
a) “His too solid flesh was melting.”
b) “Cult of the individual, it’s not allowed.”
c) “His missed his aversion therapy twice in row.”
d) “He is hallucinating, because he is dehydrated.”
18. A two-part question. Match up Number Six’s responses to Number 39’s questions during his word-association session in Checkmate.
Match Number 39’s questions:
With Number Six’s responses:
- For all
19. When complaining about his driver, Number 58, in Free For All, Number Six says:
a) “She will not go away, and she doesn’t even speak English!”
b) “Just which side is she on?”
c) “I need a drink. She drives far too slowly.”
d) “Get me a driver who speaks English!”
20. In Free For All Number Two tells Number Six:
a) “It’s all a numbers game, dear chap.”
b) “Bread and circuses, it’s what the people want.”
c) “Humor is the very essence of a democratic society.”
d) “Our elections are fixed, but in the right way.”
21. What is one of Number Six’s campaign promises in Free For All?
a) “A peacock in every pot!”
b) An end to prohibition in the Village.
c) “Less work and more play!”
d) Double nighttime for all workers.
22. In Free For All what language does Number Six’s driver, Number 58, speak?
d) The actress’s own invention
23. In A, B and C Number Six hands Number Two an envelope, he says, “it’s my future.” What does it contain?
a) Traveler’s cheques
b) Newspaper cuttings
c) Travel brochures
d) The lease to his London property
24. What are the first words a viewer of The Prisoner hears spoken in the Village?
a) “I am not a number!”
b) “Where am I?”
c) “I resign.”
d) “We’ll be open soon.”
25. In The General what is the Professor’s aim for all his students?
a) A job in the Village
b) On hundred percent entry. One hundred percent pass.
c) Freedom from mind control.
d) Information beyond the Village.
26. Number Six has a pair of Staffordshire lions on the shelf above his television set. What is in between them?
b) Portmeirion Pottery pitcher
27. In The General Number Six is given a small tape recorder. What is the message on it?
a) “If the Professor has his way, the Village will be destroyed.”
b) “Your opinions about the Professor should be carefully guarded.”
c) “You can destroy the General with a single word.”
d) “Speed Learn is an abomination… The General must be destroyed.”
28. On the night he is hypnotized by Number Two in Dance of the Dead,why does Number Six sleep in his chair?
a) His personal maid didn’t make his bed.
b He doesn’t want to disturb the cat sleeping on his bed.
c) He falls asleep in his chair while reading.
d) The dividing wall to his bedroom is stuck.
When you're ready to peek at the answers, click here.
# # #